Monday, July 27, 2009

Getting back on track

I've had a couple of weeks of inconsistent running schedules for various reasons and now the Great North Run is only 7 weeks or so away I really need to get back into a regular training routine. That started tonight with a 3-mile run in 27:29. In future weeks this will be my 'recovery run' from the big one on Sundays.

Of course now I know I'm capable of travelling 13 miles under my own steam, but I was slightly disappointed that I didn't run the whole of my 'accidental' half-marathon the weekend before last. To be fair, I hadn't been expecting it to be that long a run so I wasn't prepared for it physically, mentally or nutritionally and took a few walk breaks purely to conserve a bit of energy. But for the GNR I really would like to say that I ran every step of the way. Let's see how that goes...