Sunday, May 23, 2010

Open City Manchester





If you were out enjoying the sun in the centre of Manchester this weekend you could be forgiven for thinking that there was some kind of paparazzi convention going on. The truth is that the city played host to a number of photographers who'd been invited by City Co to prove that Manchester is an 'open city' to take photos in.

The afternoon was hosted by four professional photographers who each took a group of 25 photographers on a themed tour of the city centre. I joined Len Grant's group, with the theme of 'The City as a Backdrop' - interpreted as portraits of people in their environment.

I took my TtV rig along, causing no end of speculation on what the heck this contraption was going to produce. A nice series of shots ensued and I now just have to narrow it down to my favourite three for submission to the organisers. You can see my shortlist on Flickr.